The Flying High Trust was established in June 2012. The ethos behind the Trust is one of sustainable school improvement; and schools joining the Trust do so with the prime aim of improving each other so that they can all become outstanding schools. This ethos is guided by our core principles:
- Children first – at the heart of every decision is, will this benefit our children?
- Aspiration for all – children, staff, families and local communities to aim high and dream big.
- Ensuring our schools are at the heart of their communities.
- Supporting meaningful partnership – schools that support and challenge each other to become the best schools in the universe through mutual accountability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement – to strive to provide the best opportunities for our children so that they can look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Primary led – this is our area of passion and expertise and we focus on developing the whole child and each child as an individual.
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and to be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values.
All members of the Trust Partnership share these values and embed them across their school running through the curriculum, displays, behaviour for learning and development of the whole child. The values are celebrated through our end of year Flying High Trust Awards evening showcasing the achievements and contributions of children, staff, families and wider members of the community in the context of our values.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Focus on achieving the best for every child.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- Become a member of Candleby Lane Teaching School Alliance.
We aim for our schools to be the best schools in the universe!
We believe that this vision will:
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future – as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Create high aspirations for all school stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Support the development of all teachers and leaders to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
- Support the development of effective teaching across the region and country.
Meet the Team.
Click the links below to find out more about the Team behind the Trust.
The Trust Central Team
Directors of the Trust
Members of the Trust
Leadership & Governance
The Flying High Trust are responsible for the management and administration of the Trust and its member schools.
Please see below for the relevent governance documents.
Academy & Trust Financial Reports
Click here to access academy & Trust financial reports.
Contact the Trust
CEO: Mr Chris Wheatley
Chair: Mr Neil Robinson
The Project Team
Flying High Trust
C/O Cotgrave Candleby Lane School
t: 0115 989 2284